Building Confidence in High Quality Design
This CD is intended to help people involved in the planning process to achieve better outcomes in terms of architecture and uban design. It summarises and draws lessons from a series of seminars held in the north west of England during spring 2004.
The conclusions we drew from the series provide practical ways to avoid mistakes. Among others they stress:
- Looking at the broad economic, social and physical context when planning a project
- Using a formal design or planning brief for important sites, including an inventory of what is of townscape or architectural value
- Setting a standard for design quality and sticking to it, both for buildings and for urban design
- Allowing time for design, not rushing into things
- Undertaking thorough pre-application discussions between applicants and local planning authorities
- Appraising planning applications rigorously, using check-lists such as those in Building in Context and By Design
- Refusing applications that don't come up to scratch from an architectural or design point of view.
Price: £7.00 - (25% discount available for HTF Members)
Postage and packing: £1.00
Members can purchase this publication for £5.25 here*
*You need to login first
(View HTF's Members' Directory to see if you can qualify for HTF's Members' prices)
See HTF's full publications list
Terms and conditions:
All items will be sent by second class post and you will receive your order within 5 working days.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your order, please contact us.